Jul 22, 2016

PokemonGO ~ Late but will take over Japan ~ #worldexcersizepromotion


So as most of you know, PokemonGO game was super late to be released in Japan, even though Japan is the birthplace of Pokemon. It is not uncommon that we get things late but when I found this out it actually felt quite annoying and I was not the only one. Many other people here were saddened that almost all other countries were able to enjoy it before.


So I thought "thats neat" and wanted to try it out. I am not a big fan at all of iphone games at all. The screen is too small for me. I like to play games on the big screen. 

When I lived in Canada I played a game where you breed frogs, called pocket frogs. Since I like reptiles and amphibians it was the perfect game for me. It was a game where you breed different colours of frogs and combine them to make other types. You make a small habitat for them to live in. You can buy other rocks and plants etc, level up.

A few weeks ago a fan commented on a video and had one of these frogs as a DP, I thought thats soooooo neat!

Every other game I was interested in was on a computer. I rather play a game with a mouse than a finger or controllers, just me.


Since when I was a kid, pokemon was THE cool thing, and anyone else born in the 90s knows how famous it was in North America. In Japan everyone knows pokemon, they like the characters and think pokemon goods are cute, but surprisingly the number of people my age who actually actively watched pokemon is quite low.  In Canada it was a pandemic! The cool kids could name all 150 in a row. You played with little toys from walmart, I had maybe 30 different ones.

Anyways back to PokemonGO.   So, It finally comes in Japan and I go to download it. I have a Iphone4s (Grandma Mira). I don't know if thats the reason...but seeing as everyone around me can at least play it :'(.    It crashes, slow, freeze, GPS didn't even show where I was real time, and no pokemon for me :/   I got frustrated and deleted it. End of story.

My mom has been mailing me daily "you got it yet?" "you got it yet?" "why Japan no pokemon go?" "time to re-immigrate back to Canada". and other random things all 2 weeks.

She loves those interactive games, I remember when I lived in Canada and she got me to play farmville because she wanted someone to play with. She was the highest level you could go........rumour has it, she still plays.

Anyway, So I have lots of friends who are able to play it so I was lucky enough to hang out with them and they let me give it a try. To my surprise, 2 am theres TONS of people out playing.  Even at my restaurant a good chunk of customers playing, as many as 7 customers at a time :O

Now what do I think of the game after playing it?
Meh.
I mean, its cool but something I get bored of really fast. Catch, walk, catch, walk. Its just throwing ball. I feel it would be cooler if you actually battled that pokemon WITH your pokemon.

I also think the function where you can see it is cool, but it  always appears straight in front of you, and it would be more cool if it was super advanced and actually was programed with the surroundings you are in . Example, if theres awall, it jumps on it etc....but that would take lots of programing I know, and quite hard to do.

In good news though. PokemonGO is genious !


FREE EXCERSIZE PROMOTION

This world, all around, needs more fitness.

They say due to trains/cars/elevators/computers/stuff being so close
We don't move enough. And I am not talking about skinny vs fat. Because being skinny or fat doesn't make you fit or not. FYI, I am super unfit. I can't walk up 1-2 stair cases without getting tired, that is a serious sign of being unfit.

A game forcing you to walk long distances? EXCELLENT. Theres already people who have been posting how long they walked now vs before pokemon go etc. Businesses are also getting a boost. Because it attracts people to go out and walk, and maybe end up in front of a store with a hot spot. In Japan, its McDonald's is a major sponsor and it really does attract tons of people...even at 2am!


Well, In the future I want to get a Iphone6plus? Is that what its called *adjusts hearing aid*. And hopefully they make a update or something so you can battle or so, because I think that would be a cool feature. If so, Maybe I would reconsider downloading it.


1 comment: