Oct 28, 2013

The TOO friendly gaijin and son

This is another crazy story that happened to me about 6-7 months ago.

I was on my way to donkihote (a Japanese store), I walked the whole way there cause it's not too far from my house and it was a warm day. As I was walking I saw two people ride past me on bikes.

Their clothes stood out a lot, kinda like something you would see someone wear in a stereotypical Peruvian gangster movie. Cheesy 80's shirt and gel slicked back hair. I though about them for few seconds as I continued walking to the store.

I got inside the store and was looking around (actually filming a video for you guys!) When I noticed the two people that passed by on the bikes were also in there.

They were playing with one of those toy parrots that imitates your voice if you speak to it. I didn't want to go near them because of what they were making it say.


"チュッしてくれる?" - chuu shite kureru - can you kiss me

I didn't get a look at their faces but though it was immature and tried to ignore them. Then a clerk came up to them and started talking about the item they wanted to buy. I guess before I got there they had complained that the item they looked at was cheaper the day before.

The clerk said to them that the item was always that price and that it didn't change at all.

The man got very angry and flipped out, fighting back and forth with the lady. He called her many names and made a big scene. He insisted that the item was cheaper and that the store was trying to scam them. Finally he gave up because the woman wasn't going to give him a discount and he said he will take it as the price it is. 

The angry guy then noticed me standing looking at other merchandise in the store and started talking to me.

He started saying stuff like he can't believe how stupid expensive it is trying to get me to agree with him. I was shy and didn't want to talk so I just answered saying "I see". And then tried to continue looking away shopping my own business.

I forget in detail the conversation but he kept talking to me, even when I wasn't looking at him, started talking about himself and his son. His son was born in Japan and the dad was from another country (I wont name). Then they said they saw me as they rode by on bikes.

He said lots of strange stuff to me.
"My son is looking for a girlfriend, can you become?". lol Wut? Really? who says such a thing?.  All I could do was laugh and smile uncomfortably and say "I'm good".

They asked where I lived, my job, my name (all I said sorry I can't give, I must go) and then suddenly said "We live around here, do you? Let's become friends, give me your mail address!" Opening his phone. I found it very strange to the max.....(who asks such a thing?)

The whole time I was hoping the clerk would notice me being annoyed by this over talkative creepy customer.... but nobody came to save me noticed.

All I could say was "sumimasen kedo kekkou desu" sorry but no thanks.

I ended up having to leave him standing there and walk away because he just wouldn't understand the fact that I didn't want to talk by my face gestures and actions. 

As I walked away they followed me a little bit talking still but I ignored and pretended I didn't know them and slickly escaped upstairs. When I got around the stairs so they couldn't see me I walked fast into an area where they couldn't see me. I kinda camped out there for a while till I was sure they were gone. I was kinda afraid that they were going to see me outside and follow me home.




24 comments:

  1. Jesus Christ, I hate that kind of people O.o
    Thanks god you didn't find him outside too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuff like this only happens to girls. I have never had an experience like the weird ones that happen to you. I have heard of similar weird experiences happening to my female friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing creepy about this. Just another female gaijin who thinks unattractive males are creepy but would drop their pants in a second for an attractive male stranger. Nothing to see here folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never mentioned they were unatractive. It was a middle aged man and his teen age son, too young too old. Wouldn't matter if it was a hot guy, I don't talk to creepy people who try to make friends in stores. People who ask to become someones friend in a store are creepy and messed up in the head. Friends arn't to be made this way.

      Becies, "will you date my son" WHO in their right mind asks such a thing?!?!?!

      Delete
    2. people get married based on meetings all the time in stores. you are the messed up one. how else would they meet you?

      Delete
    3. hopefully you do not all women. jesus christ

      http://www.babyrabies.com/2011/10/how-i-met-your-father/

      Delete
    4. OMG ! I know that's kind of PPL In japan ! you know what i mean !
      the japanese ppl boring from the japanese girls so it's will be amazing if They find another kins of girls ! like canada .. amirican.. such things !
      JUSTE DON't CARE

      Delete
  4. Just thinking out loud, but if a stalker is following you, the first thing to do is call the police or walk to the nearest police officer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? The store was named "Don Quixote?" That is the pronunciation of the name of the store you supposedly went to, so I find it hard to take this tale seriously.

    You just now recall an incident that supposedly occurred 6 - 7 months ago? You can't provide a link or picture to the store itself? How odd! For that matter, why won't you divulge what country the 'father' creep was from? This story seems contrived to gain more viewers, IMHO - but, lots of bloggers do this very same thing so I guess you're in good company!

    Wow...millennials who think they know everything are very annoying! A 'gaijin' with darker skin than yours will have different experiences than you have had, and not necessarily for the better. Men and women of the 'caucasian persuasion' are given preferential treatment and are allowed to work ANYWHERE in Japan, due to the blatant xenophobia and racism there. Since you haven't experienced those issues personally, you won't acknowledge that a person who doesn't possess your manga-type looks won't fare as well as you have. If I travelled there, I'm quite certain that I wouldn't be given a so-called 'teaching' position, even though my command of the English language far surpasses that of whites who are handed everything on a silver platter when they travel overseas. More proof that it's not what you know, but who you know, that allows people to get ahead in the world.

    I'm done...carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol
      donkihote is how I spell it because that is how the Japanese word is spelt. Their website is even spelts it that way.
      donki.com
      donkihote isn't incorrect, its the romaji version of the store name.

      I always recalled this, I never wrote about it on my blog, only on my facebook at the time of occurance.

      Provide a link or picture of the store? why? I don't understand what you are trying to ask for. If you want to know about the store you can check google? The purpose of this blog isn't about the store, it took place at the store.

      Why I wont say where the father is from? because it doesn't matter.

      What in gods name does this blog have anything to do with people who have dark skin? This blog is not a race related blog at all, its a creep related blog. Thus the race of this person doesn't matter and is not mentioned.

      Your comment seems to be full of racist intentions, you think it matters about the person I talked about skin, you start mentioning race as if it was the purpose of my post, you start mentioning working, as if it matters at all. Why? You have your own issues going on inside within you. Take it somewhere relevant. I am not interested in racism.

      Delete
    2. it isn't creepy.

      Delete
    3. It isn't creepy...THIS DOESN'T SEEM CREEPY TO YOU?! Some random ass guy causing a ruckus suddenly comes up to you out of the blue and asks you to be his sons girlfriend, for your phone number, aND ADDRESS? Hmm not creepy at all *riddled with sarcasm* I'd be so creeped out if anyone did that to me man or woman!

      Delete
    4. Nice rant there Douche, you sure showed her.

      Delete
  6. This is a very exciting blog post, I have been looking for this know how. Just so you recognize I located your blog when I was finding for sites like my own, so please look at my site anytime and write me a short review to let me know how you feel.

    Best Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  7. didn't seem very creepy. i think he was more likely excited to see another foreigner. I've spoken to a white guy stuck in japan because he married a japanese lady and he felt suffocated and alone there..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly all you guys saying that this isn't people creeping out on the blog's author is because you have never experienced this kind of situation. If the guy talked to her about normal stuff it would probably just be someone wanting to talk or be nice, but asking her to be his kid's girlfriend is way too much, at least in Europe is. Besides, she reflected the desire to be left alone and the guy kept insisting so what's the point in commeting "it's not creepy?" Because it honestly is, especially because she was alone and they might have followed her home, it's awful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and besides, you people that keep coming to this blog and to her youtube channel and keep the butthurt of "oh you do not know English and I do so you do not deserve to be there", please go cry somewhere else. One thing is not agreeing with Mira in certain aspects, other is that pain that make you come and complain because she got something that probably you didn't even attempted to to. And if she is white and you believe that she has some privilege, honestly I don't think so as student exchanges (as I believe many people enter Japan, with a student visa) are open to people of all ethniticities (I know because in my country there's this kind of program too and there's no such thing as requirements concerning your skin colour). So quit bitching. And if it was easy to her and if she managed to get a job, how can you be so concerned about that? Don't you have a life yourself? I know that it is easier to complain over doing stuff, but life isn't easy to anyone. I also have some trouble in finding a job but I am not complaining as it is not only me but loads of people at the moment, it's hard for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you please tell me what you mean by saying that they were wearing clothes like in a stereotypical Peru movie?????
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this other random anon is a jerk. What you went through would have been creepy and at the end a bit terrifying for anyone. You did good in avoiding the situation I commend you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think that stranger was "TOO friendly"...he is a nutjob. I'm glad you got away unharmed. Stay safe and don't be afraid to contact police if someone threatens you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you said it doesn't matter where the father is from, and you're right it doesn't, but honestly this sounds WAY to similar to something my friend went through, if it is the same guy then he's a creeper.

    ...was he by any chance middle eastern?

    ReplyDelete