Nov 15, 2012

My first few months in Japan


I never really made a video or talked about my first few months in Japan. I was too busy enjoying my time (and I didn't have a properly camera) so I couldn't make many videos of what I did. I did take a lot of pictures thought that I thought I should share with you guys.

The first thing I did in Japan (thankfully) is get my hair cut at a REAL hairdresser. In my whole life, I have never been to a real hair dresser. I have been to a person who cuts hair, but that person is shit not skilled. In Canada, just about anyone off the street can work as a hairdresser. I mean sure there are good beauty salons (for Canadian standards), but when it comes to Japan, Japan ranks number 1 in hair care.

My ex-husbands friend was a biyoushi 美容師 (hair dresser) so I was lucky enough to get a discount. In Japan getting your hair cut may seem expensive to foreigners, as in countries like Canada (where a haircut can cost as little as 5$) are not used to paying extra for care on their bodies. In Japan, people care in detail about their hair. Hair is considered the important part and something that should be handled by professionals. This is the main reason why 99% of people get their hair cut at a professional, and 95% of people will dye their hair at a professional.



Its hard to understand how truly amazing my hair became after the transformation. Before my hair had dead ends, dry, frizzy, terrible un-even style...just hidoi ひどい (terrible) . We only paid 6000円 ($60) for the package, which included washing, dyeing, straightening, cutting, treatment and styling. The REAL total was actually 2万6000円 ($260) .




When I first arrived in Japan I staid with my ex-parents in law in their house for 5 months of hell.  It was a nice area, close to a very popular train station, and I could see fujisan from the living room window every morning and evening.


The very first friend I made in Japan is this girl here. Shes actually married to the biyoushi that cut my hair. She has a 3 year old son who is very cute. She also is a professional nail artist. (Since I got divorced) I no longer talk to her anymore but we had lots of fun together. If you can see the watch she is wearing, that is called GAGA MIRANO ガガミラノ and its a fucking expensive brand of watch that I really want. I have decided that someday I will actually go out and buy it (once I save up $3000 T-T) .




When coming to Japan everything seemed so new and fresh. Everything became interesting. I wanted to take pictures of almost every building that I passed. I am sure this a feeling that everyone gets when they move here, but I can assure you its a feeling that fades (to a extent) .



The last picture I will leave you with is the first Japanese restaurant that I went to. This is the first time I ate cold soba (and the last time). I HATE cold noodles. I knew before I even tried the cold soba that I would not like it.  Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE soba, but I hate cold soba. In Japan, in the summer time it is common to eat things that are supposed to be hot, cold.


4 comments:

  1. Your hair really did look AMAZING after you got it done. Actually I've been kind of jealous of your hair for a long time lol, maybe I should get mine done in Japan. This was an interesting read, though; it's always interesting to know about someone's past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing your stories with us :) Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cold soba in the summertime, cold noodles feel good when its too hot to eat anything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete